Tuesday, November 10, 2009

i think it's beautiful that you are 256 colors too
















Btw, from now on my blog is probably just going to be exaggerated stories about my life, because I don't really have the time to organize anything else and I am so overrun with thoughts lately that I like to spill them out wherever I can. So that being said, you may or may not want to continue to read it. I mean, whatever. My brain's pretty fucking weird, so you might get a kick out of it.

Something I frequently do is I make ridiculous statements about my life plans and convince myself that they are 100% certain and then immediately change them, all the time...
There was supposed to be some sort of ending clause to that sentence starting with "but," but then I realized that what I wanted to talk about was sort of that exact aformentioned thing that I always do...
Um...moving on from the topic of me talking about talking about myself..the point is,

I WANT TO LIVE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST!!@@!@

It's so much better. It's like, oh, okay! This is where I should live! Why don't I already live here? What am I thinking, living anywhere else? Why do these people get to live here and I have to live in lame San Francisco?
I like everything about it...in a way that I didn't really ever think could be possible...it's this overwhelmingly reasonable utopian society made out of no tax, 1000 trees (at LEAST), seven coffee shops per block, and $300 rent. The only visible drawback is the cold, wet climate, but really, whatever; just adjust your small talk from "Nice day today" to "Man, its really coming down out there". Is it so hard? Don't think so.

Besides, with the colder weather I would probably stay inside and make....crafts. 
You know, crafts. All different kinds of wonderful crafts. 

Speaking of the Pacific Northwest, I'm actually in a hotel room right now, in Seattle. Alison and I are here on vacation. We went over and saw The Mountain Goats tonight, they were pretty amazing. The lead singer is so into it, I love it. And his lyrics are so touching that when they are paired with a super enthusiastic stage performance, it creates something really special to watch. Their opening act was pretty cool, too. It was this guy who plays violin and loop pedals and sings along with a percussionist, it's called The Final Fantasy. It pretty much sounds like Andrew Bird, though, really. 

Is it okay to have the same profession your parents had? I mean I know a lot of people do, but it always seemed like a bad idea until now. Why?
I ask because I have been really considering Marine Biology as I have been applying to colleges. I know a whole lot about it from my parents, and have seen what that career is like inside and out and it's actually really wonderful. It's this strangely unpopular profession that has so many great aspects to it. I would totally study it...but I can't really decide if I would prefer to do more of a marine focus or a more broad environmental focus. I really like the idea of both, though, so that's something at least. I'm also sort of thinking about getting Montessori education credentials. I mean it's all completely and totally up in the air at this point, but the more I learn about the options, the more excited I get about going...somewhere..

Deleting my facebook was the best idea ever! I feel really good about the decision so far. I spend my time much more responsibly. It's like, oh, wait, I don't have anything pointlessly entertaining to do with all of my time...what I am supposed to do? Non...pointless...things? And I can't just "like" someone's picture every 5 weeks, I have to actually call or e-mail them? 

!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to deactivation station. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i pull up a mental image of shakira that i cant get out of my mind as i am trying to visualize and calculate her items.
    and hi grant.
    also i deleted my fbook like a month or two ago. best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and there is a delete option. it's hidden and takes two weeks.

    ReplyDelete